Feb 24, 2012

lululemon Expansion Series: Part Two

Part Two of the lulu Expansion Series found us at the National Ballet of Canada, where we explored the theme of love through a class lead by Amber Joliat of MISFITSTUDIO. May I say- the venue was awesome. I have never been to a ballet (or even inside a ballet studio), so the only understanding I brought to the space was Black Swan (and no, sadly I did not turn into the black swan during class, boooo). Our practice was accompanied by a small orchestra (composed of only strings), another new experience!

We were all given a heart-shaped piece of paper at the beginning of class to write down our intention for the class and what we think love is/means, I thought that was a nice exercise to begin the practice. In all fairness I did find this class to be a challenge, mainly because it was difficult to hear the instructor's dialog as she wasn't wearing a microphone (mics at part three, please and thank you!). In addition the space had little lighting and the lovely orchestra made it more difficult to hear the instruction- gah! I did my best to remain focused and move through the practice as best as I could. Since it was a smaller venue we were spoiled afterwards with all sorts of treats; chicken/veggie wraps, fruit, veggies, drinks, sweets and this 'heavenly good' chocolate bar, as my friend described it! Part three of the series will be held at......wait for it..... the Design Exchange! The final installment is centered around visions, goals and designing your life. I AM PUMPED!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment