Sep 30, 2011

Empire State of Mind

This passed June I travelled to New York for one of my cousin's weddings. On the plane I literally listened to Glee's cover of Empire State of Mind on repeat for the entire flight (only an hour). While jamming I started to sketch out the lyrics- to keep myself busy and pass the time. I really loafted on finishing the lettering when I got back home (3 months to be exact) but better late than never right? Since they are so iconic I thought it would be fun to incorporate the logos from The New Yorker, The New York Times and New York magazine. This is an appropriate day to blog this piece since the Yankees are playing their first post-season game against Detroit tonight, GO YANKS!  And of course, long live New York :)  


Thanks to Amy for her beautiful photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment